Call for applications: Youth Ideas development process for the Slovenian EU Council Presidency
3rd Project cycle: 19 April 2021 to 26 May 2021
Extended Deadline for application is 21 March 2021 at noon. As the number of participants is limited, do not miss this opportunity and apply by using the application form.
Did you know that Germany, Portugal, and Slovenia are currently holding the rotating Presidency of the European Union? We want you and your peers to get involved with this very unique Trio Presidency. We are interested in hearing your ideas for the Presidency, Europe and its future. We support you in developing and formulating your ideas within a guided process. At the occasion of key political events, elected project rapporteurs will present your demands to decision-makers of this multi-facetted Trio.
- Asynchronous sessions: Monday, 19 April to Wednesday, 26 May 2021
- Synchronous sessions: Four Virtual Labs will take place on specific dates during the ideas development process. Please note that the Virtual Labs are expected to take place on Monday or Wednesday afternoon. Before applying, please ensure to be able to attend most of the Virtual Labs! For more details on the scheduled project activities, see the draft programme below.
- Presentations of results: Youth Ideas developed in the framework of the project are going to be presented during the Slovenian Pre-Presidency Conference of the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) on 16 to 18 June 2021 (tbc).
On the Virtual #EngagEUrCouncil Think Tank.
Participants must originate from or currently live in Germany, Portugal, or Slovenia, and be between 16 and 30 years old. The process will be held in English. The aim is to select up to 8 participants from each country of the Trio Council Presidency. Selection results will be communicated by Wednesday 30 March 2021.
This Virtual #EngagEUrCouncil Think Tank is going to be implemented for the third time already. Now, you will be empowered to develop youth ideas for the Slovenian EU Council Presidency that starts in July 2021.
On our Virtual Think Tank, you will find background information on the functioning and structures of EU Council Presidencies and on the different policy areas we are going to deal with. You will also be able to follow the workflow, exchange with other participants, work on your ideas and give feedbacks on the proposals of others. Upon successful application and in due time before the kick-off of the process, we will provide you with all necessary information on this free (and easy to use) platform. Sessions on our Virtual Think Tank are supplemented by Virtual Labs. The project thus consists of synchronous sessions gathering all participants in video conferences and of asynchronous sessions that provide you the flexibility to work on your own or in working groups.
Learn more about the project #EngagEUrCouncil here.
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Exchange with young EU citizens about current challenges – including the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic – and the Future of Europe,
- Learn how to successfully participate in EU decision-making,
- Become part of an innovative online debate,
- Become an architect of the European project,
- Shape a new, young narrative about Europe,
- Set the agenda of the Trio EU Council Presidency with your demands, visions and ideas for Europe,
- Become a rapporteur of the project and present the discussed demands to decision-makers of the Trio EU Council Presidency of Germany, Portugal, and Slovenia,
- Participation at a Networking Event with participants from all project cycles (either virtually or in person) in Autumn 2021 (tbc).
Interested? Please apply by clicking on the button below to fill out the application form:
You can find more detailed information on the draft programme here:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via e‑mail email@example.com
Pictures will be taken during the event. By registering, you agree to their public release.
The project #EngagEUrCouncil: Youth exchange and youth participation is funded by Stiftung Mercator and implemented by IEP in close cooperation with Instituto Português de Relações Internacionais, Lisbon, and Centre of International Relations, Ljubljana. The project partners also cooperate with the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) in Brussels within the framework of the so-called TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conferences in order to ensure a Europe-wide coverage of the project and its activities.
Not your jam? Maybe your buddy, your coworker or your little brother/sister would be interested? Please do not hesitate to share via the buttons below!